A step by step Guide on How to import an existing maven project into eclipse.
Note: There are different types of maven projects to import into eclipse. In this Tutorial I am trying to explain about importing existing Maven project.
Import existing maven project :
- Downloaded from this site or already existing maven project place in your eclipse workspace.
- Right click on project explorer –> Select “Import” –> Select “Import”. Follow below screen.
Select “Existing Maven Projects” –> Click on “Next”.
Browse your project from work space –> Click on “Finish”. Your maven project will be imported, you can see in Project Explorer.
Build Maven Project :
- Right click on project that imported into eclipse –> select “Run As” –> select “Maven build” (2nd option, first option triggers recently used goals for build)
- Enter goals “clean install” –> click on “Run”
- You can see in console build status, Status should be “SUCCESS”.